Financial Services and CyberSecurity
With the 2014 release of the new cybersecurity guidelines that financial service companies should be following, the LCO Group has designed a program of tightly integrated security protocols and best practice reviews that will help our clients meet the security hurdles and regulatory requirements that currently exist.
A top down review of security would focus on the following:
- Physical security of key infrastructure pieces
- Properly written corporate-use policies (including remote access, BYOD policy, password change requests, etc)
- Internal and external vulnerability and risk assessment
- Internal and external penetration and active directory testing
- Proper storing of log files
- Proper usage of group policy to limit access to certain employees, enforce proper password policy, etc
- Defined protocols on response in the event of a security breach, including notification of affected 3rd parties, clients, regulators, etc
- Remediation protocols in the event of a security breach
- Provide any necessary training to employees where required, and keep records of this training
- Periodic review of certain key aspects of cybersecurity policy
- Deployment of tools to provide proactive protection against cyber threats
- Creation of annual report to senior management/board of directors
The LCO Group employs experienced CTO/CIO’s, security analysts, and compliance experts who can help put a proper cybersecurity policy in place, and help maintain it against the current threat profiles that exist today.